UTI Asset Management is the investment manager to the schemes of UTI Mutual Fund. It also manages offshore funds and provides support to the Specified Undertaking of the Unit Trust of India. It is the holding company for UTI Venture Funds Management Company which manages venture funds and UTI International Ltd., which markets offshore funds to overseas investors.
- Region: India
- Industry: Financial
- Product: Managed Security Services
- Anonymous group targeted UTI web servers
- Web services compromised despite best-of-breed protection
- Traditional firewall and IPS systems ineffective
- Need for more sophisticated systems for detecting and mitigating DDoS activity
Solution we offered
- Managed security services featuring fast, two-hour initial response
- Development of DDoS mitigation strategy
- UTI web traffic diverted via two Tata Communications scrubbing farms
- 24x7 monitoring with automated mitigation
- Global network services
- Single provider of network and security services boosts accountability
- Only genuine traffic is now passed to UTI web servers, thus preventing service degradation
- Far higher availability of web services leading to improved customer service
- Faster response with automated alert of DDoS activity
I gave Tata Communications a call around 5:30 on a Friday and around 7:30 they were there on a call with four people and were ready with a strategy so we could immediately make some changes to segregate and detect attacks.
Sanjivan S Shirke, VP – IT & Information Security, UTI Asset Management Co.